Your Ad Here

Saturday, December 5, 2009

Arch Linux

Ever since I started using Linux (just over two years ago now) I fell in love with it.

However, Ubuntu didn't leave a great taste in my mouth. Not because its not a good distro, but because I felt... limited.

Of course anyone could go under the hood and change anything they wanted, but I would imagine its equivalent to building a computer and buying a pre-built computer. Its just not the same you know?

Then I discovered Arch Linux.

Arch Linux is a very popular distro with the Linux users over at overclock.net (a website I recommend you visit if you're having computer issues or if you want a great community of tech savvy computer users) and thus it was recommend to me as I furthered my adventure with Linux.

I'm going to be honest. The first time I used Arch, I was not thrilled. The installation was frustrating and confusing to me. However, this was due to my own stupidity and pride as I did not want to follow the begginer's guide. If you're looking to install it, I definitely recommend it.

Now, I've been using Arch as my main platform for about 5 months and I feel no need to switch. I'm so happy with what I've created and the community surrounding it.

I am an Archer.

And I plan on being one forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment